I adjust depending on the day. I only have steady blocks of hours, say at least 4-8 hours a day. No, I am not joking I said 4 to 8.
I usually do it in the morning. I used to play solitaire on my phone , I told myself it was going to wake me up but now I choose what I mentally “eat” for breakfast.
I would like to set specific times, however this is often not possible because I have a pretty inconsistent itinerary of tasks and a continually changing work/study related schedule. I find it is often easier to start studying by incorporating my sessions into other tasks and thus ritualising them. For example: I try to watch the news regularly and often I watch the previous night’s news at some point the next day. If I realize that I have got a busy schedule for my afternoon I watch the news for breakfast and start a study session following the newscast. If I have a particularly full morning/noon schedule, I try to watch the news in the afternoon and then start to study. I find it is easier for me to start studying after watching the news because they somehow provide a link between everyday stuff and the more abstract responsibility of learning.
- How do you pay attention while reading? I zone out way too much but continue reading and by then end of the page I have to start over because I wasn’t paying attention.
- can you suggest any spotify playlists to listen to while i study?
- What studying method do you recommend I use if I have to study for a test? (Ex. Flash cards, practice questions, etc.)
- How would you learn a language more effectively?
- How will you search for new things to learn?
- How do you stay productive? When I have barely any time in my day
- What do you do when one work didn’t finish. When I did not finish my schedule I feel like fault even I done too much thing, one more left feel me bad
- How is best to focus when studying something?
- How do you get yourself to stop procrastinating when you have no energy or motivation to complete any tasks?
- What should I do when I lose track of time? Such as when I set my goals I always tend to snooze them because of my busy schedule and I really want to complete them.