To be honest, I start getting distracted as early as the 1.5 or the 2 hour mark. It is hard to stay focused, but if I feel myself getting repeatedly distracted, then I find that it's best to take a break and not feel guilty about it. I'll take a short walk or check in on a loved one or grab a snack, and that break will help me focus better for another 1.5-2 houes than if I had just powered through. If you don't give yourself a break when you need it, not only will you be less productive than you could have been in the same amount of time, but you might even start to resent yourself and the work you're doing.
- How many times should I floss each day?
- If you do yoga, do you have any recommendtions on poses/sequences to do for morning exercise? I love yoga but I am very inexperienced with making my own routine.
- Can you meditate too much?
- What happens when your task takes longer than 20 minutes?
- How do you keep motivated when your deep work runs amok and your options don’t seem to be working out like you thought they would or would’ve liked them to?
- How do you motivate yourself to study/learn every day?
- I would like to know how you manage to do the evening routine even if you’re absolutely knackered.
- How do you find people to share your curiosity and discoveries with as you learn? When I come across something fascinating, I want to share it, but most of my friends aren’t really into physics (or metaphysics), and I don’t want to bore them.
- How can I stay focused on studying without getting distracted?
- How do you integrate learning a new language into your day to day schedule?
- What are some good study techniques for someone who is struggling with depression and with that, lack of motivation and the need for extra sleep! Thank you!
- How do you deal with guilt and shame when you really want to get out of bed and get everything done but you physically are not able because you need the sleep in order to recover from the previous day? This usually happens to me when I have a day off and need to use it to meet upcoming deadlines and catch up on things.
- How do you keep yourself on-task? I’m so easily distracted.
- How do you study more in less time?
- How many days per week do you study? How much would you say is enough?