In the morning I like to mediate right after I’ve brushed my teeth and freshened up a little bit. I sit on my bed or a chair and put on my favorite Guided meditation I’ve saved on YouTube. I don’t watch the video I just close my eyes and listen to it. Before bedtime I lay in bed and put the same guided meditation.
Baldu No P.
My favourite ways as a beginner are to work through the app meditations. So far, I haven’t finished doing this. I know Insight Timer is another good app as is Headspace and Calm.
I typically enjoy it most after work and before the social world gets me. I sit in quiet and mindfully focus on my breath. It’s nice to include soft instrumentals or a guided meditation once in a while.
- What do you do in the evening if you’re too tired to meditate?
- How are different techniques of meditation compatible with each other?
- How can I avoid binge eating?
- What are some tips that help you manage your distracting thoughts while meditating?
- Should a quiet environment be important when I meditate?
- How do you stay focused on meditations when you feel that you could be doing something else instead of being still for 5-10 minutes?
- How many times do you lose focus when meditating?
- How should I begin meditation as a total beginner?
- How do you keep the negative thoughts away?
- I’m a meditation beginner and I found my mind was always distracted by some memories inside my brain whenever I try to focus on my breath’s inhales and exhales. I know it needs time to practice. However, I want to know if there are some meditation skills I missed or something I was doing incorrectly?