Yogurt and fruit
Rice cake and almond butter with banana on top
Avocado on toasted brown bread.
Poached eggs and brown bread.
Muesili with fruit and almond milk.
Apple and peanut butter.
Other quick, healthy options include Greek yogurt with fruits, toast with your favourite nut butter and a piece of fruit, cottage cheese with a piece of fruit, and hard boiled eggs with a slice of toast and a fruit for fibre (just boil the eggs the night before).
I like Oui Lemon yogurt , spread on the bottom of a bowl , then I sprinkle some granola evenly over the yogurt.
Then I add fruit , I like fresh strawberry’s , Blueberries, and a sliced banana.
If you like you can add some honey .
Omlettes are excellent as well – look for ways to incorporate grains and beans ( I'm veggie so I like to incorporate these for high fibre and they stay in your tummy for ages) , avocado is also a favourite to eat with eggs!
Silken tofu, mixed in with some miso, tumeric, salt, fresh herbs, nutritional yeast etc is also a wonderful breakfast and very good on a bed of wilted spinach or a slice of multigrain toast.😋
Pancakes made with whole oats instead of flour, eggs and non-dairy milk, topped with Avi/tomatoes/ roasted pepper or a bean mix are delicious too and can be prepped the night before if your short of time!
overnight oats with chia, peanut butter and a teaspoon of jam
ham and egg toast
quail eggs with cherry tomatos and a bit of mustard and yogurt sauce
Low fat/sugar granola with fresh fruit and yogurt
Fresh fruit on it own
Porridge with mixed nuts and fresh fruits
Yogurt mixed fruit and honey
another breakfast that i usually make is avocado toast. you will need a bread slice, a ripped avocado and a egg! i mash the avocado, toast the bread and then i fry the egg and it’s done! i drink a cappuccino or just a long coffee along with the toast.
last but not least, a smoothie is my absolute time favorite breakfast when i’m on a rush! i just throw some pieces of fruit and a handful of spinach into the blender, add some water, blend it and it’s done! a plus is that i’m not hungry till lunch and it gives me lots of energy!
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.