Or, when you get home from work, try going for a five minute walk, doing five pushups/sit ups/crunches/whatever. Just do five. You might find you want to do more once you've started, but if not, that okay.
Keep it up, just keep moving!
1. Try to go to the gym in the morning before work.
2. Try to use your lunch time to go to the gym.
3. You can have a Pre workout supplement or a shot of coffee that will give enough energy to pump some iron. Beware that most of the Pre workout supplements have caffeine in it and the coffee also have caffeine, if you have these later in the afternoon or evening you may have sleep issues.
If you’ve only got the time to exercise in the evening after work, use the momentum to carry you. Change into your workout gear before leaving the office if not change immediately once you get home.
Lastly the 5 minute rule is great. Even if you don’t want to go, just go for 5 minutes. If you really don’t feel like working out then that’s okay. But you’ll be surprised how long a workout can turn into just by telling yourself I’ll just go for five minutes.
It’s important to take breaks while working every 50 minutes or so (5 minute break) to clear your mind and do nothing for those 5 minutes (a meditation would be great).
One awesome book I can recommend is High Performance Habits by. Brendon Burchard. He also had a podcast and YouTube channel.
Hope this helps!
2. Preparing your gym clothes on the bed for when you get home from work, so you can get straight into them and head to the gym. Or, you could bring them to work with you, so you don’t finish your day until you’ve been to the gym!
3. Setting yourself a schedule for your whole day, including time set aside for the gym. Sometimes having your whole day mapped out can give you the drive you need to get everything done.
I hope this helps a little!
Brush it off and be aware!
Could u go to the gym on the way home? Then you can just get home and relax in to your evening 😃
- What “secret” exercises you do at your work table?
- What’s a great at-home exercise?
- I struggle with depression, but I always feel better after I exercise. Motivating myself to exercise when I feel so down is difficult, however. Do you have any tricks to motivate yourself to exercise when you just plain don’t want to? 🙂
- How do you motivate yourself to exercise? I need help!
- Do you work out as soon as you wake up?
- How do you get yourself exercising when you are already exhausted or have no energy?
- Practitioners of Ayurveda: How do you start to energize the body? How fast can it happen?
- Why work out if I’m not seeing results?
- How often do you exercise per week and how many hours each session?
- I wake up in the morning, drink water, fold my bed sheets and all, then exercise, and then take a shower. So my question is that should I brush my teeth before or after exercise?