Asking him nicely should be enough. He should be as eager to spend time with you as you are with him. If it isn’t, consider the bigger picture. Are you feeling neglected in any other ways? Is this really about his phone or is that just an easy thing to blame in order to defer something more problematic? Open communication, kindness, patience and love will get you where you want to be. Good luck.
Start a project, that needs his strength, maybe put in a new tree, either for yourselves or others and help the atmosphere as well x
Finding something you really enjoy practicing, like meditation, yoga, gim atc.. Something that connects you with yourself because most of the time we spend on phone is to avoid to think about our feelings or responsibilitys. When you find something that completes your soul, you no longer needs your phone, so ya, do it.
- How do you success at avoiding your phone? How do you manage to break the addiction?
- How do you replace your screen time at bedtime? As a mom, sometimes after their bedtime is the only time I get to myself. It’s hard to use that time to wind down and go to sleep when it’s the only “me” time I have.
- How do you stay away from your phone ?
- What is the most effective way to unplug and disconnect for you?
- What do you do when you remember something you need to look up on the internet or someone you need to connect with, after you’ve put your devices away for the night?
- I get really anxious not having my phone next to me when I fall asleep. How have you worked through that?
- What are some of your most favorite ways to disconnect/ unplug? How would you make such a mudane task really fun for yourself?.
- Do you sometimes get anxious when you disconnect? How do you wind down from feeling anxiety about putting the phone away?
- I assume the purpose of unplug and disconnect is to calm yourself and avoiding distractions. I usually read my Kindle book for less than one hour after unplug and disconnect. Does it against the habit?
- How should I be calm about all the messages I can miss ?