Asking him nicely should be enough. He should be as eager to spend time with you as you are with him. If it isn’t, consider the bigger picture. Are you feeling neglected in any other ways? Is this really about his phone or is that just an easy thing to blame in order to defer something more problematic? Open communication, kindness, patience and love will get you where you want to be. Good luck.
Start a project, that needs his strength, maybe put in a new tree, either for yourselves or others and help the atmosphere as well x
Finding something you really enjoy practicing, like meditation, yoga, gim atc.. Something that connects you with yourself because most of the time we spend on phone is to avoid to think about our feelings or responsibilitys. When you find something that completes your soul, you no longer needs your phone, so ya, do it.
- How can I disconnect yet still complete my fabulous evening routine?
- By disconnecting it means not touching the telephone at all?!
- What do you recommend doing when we face the disconnect habbit challenge?
- What helps you disconnect and unplug? Do you replace the habit of screen time with something else?
- How long did it take to disconnect from social media
- what are your habits to help disconnect?
- What part of your phone triggers you most to pick up your phone?
- I really like using my phone at bedtime because it is the only time I am alone and have time for playing games/browsing social media, etc. I know I shouldn’t use my phone at bedtime, so when do I get to play games?
- What are some things I can do that don’t have anything to do with my phone or computer to help distract myself.
- How do you deal with the desire to check your phone before bed to make sure you’re ready for the next day?