I try to write three things I’m grateful for or were pleasant surprises (for the day or overall) and go into detail for each one, connecting to how they make me feel. It usually doesn’t take more than fifteen minutes and it can only be three sentences or as long as I want (usually it’s only about a page long though).
I take ten minutes for the exercise, play the timer when I start writing and make myself reflect through automatic writing around gratefulness. Works well for me!
Research with which I’m familiar states that in the morning upon waking, writing down three things for which your grateful and in the evening before you go to sleep, writing down five things from the day for which you are grateful, provide the most benefit. I try to provide that as it makes it hard to get depressed or lost in ones grief when one spends so much time in gratitude. Plus, it gives my soul hope and strengthens my faith even with all the close, heartbreaking losses I have recently endured. I find myself grateful for having known love and family and teachers and playmates and life lessons. And I find my book of gratitude goes so much longer than the pain of losing the beautiful souls who gave me the reason and purpose of the gratitude.
Well from my point of view I write till I am out of thoughts of what i am greatful of and why I am greatful of these things and even if you write it too long then who is judging you write till your heart fell full of compassion and happiness that you have these things in your life which makes you who you are now write till you don’t feel that you have poured your heart out 😊
When I started I was just making a list of a few things, now I write sentences. I think writing anything is better than nothing, and it take practice to get the juices flowing.
- Are you grateful for your breath or the opportunity to breathe? How does this question help support your gratitude habit?
- How long do you practice being greatful? How did it affect you?
- how to stay grateful. I’m always grateful for the same things.
- feeling grateful. how do you do this. I want to feel it more
- How do you catch yourself in moments where you’re being inwardly unkind to find the gratitude?
- In what way being grateful helped you?
- What is your be grateful habit?
- I find it difficult to feel gratitude. how do you do that. I have a gratitude journal. Write down 10 things a day. but really feel it. I find difficult.
- Do you write on gratitude nightly or just think about what your grateful for?
- How to find strength to be grateful when handling challenging situations?