Hi, it’s a daily challenge actually. I keep my phone on do not disturb so I control when I want to call/text people back. Instead of instantly replying when I hear my phone go off. I’ll set a timer to remind me to only spend X minutes on social media. I also try to play with my dogs a little bit to wear them out before sitting down to study so they just nap near me instead of wanting attention. I also put ear plugs in to minimize noise and try to inform people at home to not bother me for X amount of time. As for the worry and anxiety, you can try sticky notes or just writing down those thoughts to not be distracted by them and save them for another time to think about or deal with. Setting boundaries and timers really has helped me focus more. Hope that helps!
I don’t know if this is helpful or not, but your not the only one with the same concerns (except for the puppy, unfortunately) so keep going 💪💪 you’re not alone
- What do you do to stay focused for extended periods like 2-4 hours straight?
- How do you concentrate for studying?
- How are you limiting distractions while studying at home?
- When do you like to study in the morning or afternoon?
- How do you concentrate on what you are studying?
- how to discipline yourself to study something mentally challenging?
- What are the tactics you use during studying to stay on track and how do you retain information?
- What do you do to stay focused on studying especially when you’d rather be doing something else?
- How do you motivate yourself to study when the deadline is either very far away or doesn’t exist?
- I am currently an adult attending college – I have a kid, work full time but still need time to study. Any advice?