1) I feel good through out the day because I started my day with a plate full of energy boost.
2) When you eat in the mornings a good breakfast, there is less risk of eating really fatty foods through the day. You are less prone to eat just to makeup the fact that you didn’t eat breakfast.
Last but not least:
3) I try to set an example for my kids about healthy eating which starts with a healthy breakfast.
Now if you don’t feel hungry, just eat something light and try not to eat at night after 8pm.
Hope this helps. Good luck!
I hope this helps! Just keep persisting on eating breakfast regularly, and the habit will happen! You’ve got this 😊
Make it a habit. Make it routine. Your body will get used to it. Good rule of thumb for habits is start small – atomic size – and make it really easy. I carry a bag of fruit and nuts with me from the supermarket and have it open at my side every morning. It’s very healthy, wakes you up, gives you energy, you can take as many or as few a you like, but the prompt will encourage you to eat more.
Also, if you drink coffee or smoke cigarettes, do that after. Give yourself a reward of some kind for doing it, even if you eat just a couple
Until 2 weeks ago my ‘breakfast’ used to be a cup of coffee and a cigarette. But recently I realized that one day I will become mother and I want my children to have a breakfast every morning. In order to develop healthy habit for my kids one day i htodevelop the same habit myself. Therefore, every day I have breakfast ( regardless if I’m hungry or not). And that is my personal goal which keeps me motivated to continue with the breakfast routine.
Finally, when it comes to breakfast, everyone’s body gets used after certain period to have food in the morning and by the time having breakfast will become the need.
It’s only difficult in the beginning. With time it becomes natural to your routine. Your body and mind will recognise the benefits. You will be more active. Waiting for lunch will stop being a torture. You will be more focused. You will just feel better during the first half of your day. This will definitely motivate you to eat your breakfast.
If you aren't hungry in the morning, is it maybe because you eat a big meal and/or snack(s) less than 10 hours before you get up? Or are you changing to a new schedule? Either could lead to not being hungry. Also, many exercise trainers recommend doing a workout first thing in the morning. That would get your appetite going!
If I do feel hungry after 7PM, I'll drink some water or tea
So I start to eat, it was very hard but I do it and now I understand how important breakfast is☺️
I should also mention that most mornings I am rushing out the door and the last thing I want to do is make a big traditional breakfast. I'm rarely hungry when I first wake up and forcing down a full breakfast leaves me sluggish and sometimes neauseous.
The solution: Smoothies! Start with a protein powder (I go for vegaone or Alani nu) and go from there. Smoothies are super versatile. I like to add a cup of frozen fruit (just watch out for added sugar), almond milk, and a handful of spinach / kale (truly can't taste it). Also feel free to add supplements like fiber, chia seeds, collagen, etc.
If you want to prepack the ingredients (aside from protein powder and almond milk) in little ziplocl bags. It will make your morning breakfast routine so much eeasier!
- What are your ideas for healthy make-ahead breakfasts?
- How important is variety when it comes to eating breakfast?
- Does anyone have any suggestions for an on the go breakfast to just take with me along with my normal piece of fruit? The main reason I may not eat breakfast in the morning is due to time, but I find most ‘breakfast bar’ type on the go breakfasts boring and unsatisfying so I still find myself snacking an hour or two later.
- How long does it usually take to make your protein-rich breakfast on average? What shortcuts do you have, if any?
- What is something to eat for breakfast when you have to run out the door?
- I would like to ask for some help amongst the Fabulous members. Because I’m not easily motivated and don’t have much time on my hands, what can I do to ensure that I have a good breakfast without being time consuming in the morning?
- What about oil in breakfast? Is it good or bad? For example paratha and fried egg?
- What are some uncommon but amazing proteins to add to my mornings?
- What are vegan options for a high protein breakfast?
- What are good ideas for breakfast on the go??