I focus the best,when I have a plan that I can stick to. Also when I do something dynamic for my brain or body.I cannot focus on boring things. I always try to find something exciting about everything I do.
When I have only one or a few things to do and when there is quiet and alone time. I also ficus best when I have the goal written down.
Close off any devices that cause distraction(tv, radio etc) and move my phone as far away as possible. Then commit for at least 20 minutes to the task before I can do anything else. So basically have 20 mins intense work with 5-10 minutes intervals
I focus best differently, depending on the task at hand. When studying I highly recommend the pomodoro method and doing two sets of those. After that to test your knowledge and understanding of the content, complete two blurts 10 minutes apart without revising in between. For other tasks I like to turn in my music look at my list of things to do and categorise them. I will then dance around whils completing a category.
By knowing what I want and therefore need to do: a long term goal, that is my own, aTo do, and a set of top priorities really help. Otherwise I tend not to know what is most important and then my focus is constantly getting attacked by a myriad of small distractions, from social media to mails, phonecalls and urgent matters.
I best focus when I have everything I need near me. I usually focus best on a deadline. I am a poor listener when I multitask
- How do you get yourself to stop procrastinating when you have no energy or motivation to complete any tasks?
- What should I do when I lose track of time? Such as when I set my goals I always tend to snooze them because of my busy schedule and I really want to complete them.
- How can you resist looking at your smartphone?
- Any tips for how to focus better while studying?
- How do u concentrate on study? Also what’s good way to revise?
- How do you make reading a boring and hard to understand book fun and something you want to do, or at least not a chore? And how do you retain the information and focus on such a book?
- Sometimes I like to study or do school work whilst the TV is on. Can this be part of my learn habit or should I try to brake this habit? I do this mostly when I am not reading alot. I do this whilst I am making a draft of something. Setting up an essay without the text, the chapters and such.
- Tips for ADHD? It takes me roughly 3 hours to get one class assignment done
- I’m easily distracted between papers while writing my research thesis This consumes a lot of time and effort and really frustrates me What can I do?
- What do you do to remeber content?