I best focus when I have everything I need near me. I usually focus best on a deadline. I am a poor listener when I multitask
- How do you deal with guilt and shame when you really want to get out of bed and get everything done but you physically are not able because you need the sleep in order to recover from the previous day? This usually happens to me when I have a day off and need to use it to meet upcoming deadlines and catch up on things.
- What makes you more faithful to this program and changing your habits?
- What are some good study techniques for someone who is struggling with depression and with that, lack of motivation and the need for extra sleep! Thank you!
- Yes , how I can maximize my reading time and control my waste time?
- How do you prevent verbal assaults from people on different paths from influencing your mood?
By knowing what I want and therefore need to do: a long term goal, that is my own, aTo do, and a set of top priorities really help. Otherwise I tend not to know what is most important and then my focus is constantly getting attacked by a myriad of small distractions, from social media to mails, phonecalls and urgent matters.
I focus the best,when I have a plan that I can stick to. Also when I do something dynamic for my brain or body.I cannot focus on boring things. I always try to find something exciting about everything I do.
When I have only one or a few things to do and when there is quiet and alone time. I also ficus best when I have the goal written down.
Close off any devices that cause distraction(tv, radio etc) and move my phone as far away as possible. Then commit for at least 20 minutes to the task before I can do anything else. So basically have 20 mins intense work with 5-10 minutes intervals
I focus best differently, depending on the task at hand. When studying I highly recommend the pomodoro method and doing two sets of those. After that to test your knowledge and understanding of the content, complete two blurts 10 minutes apart without revising in between. For other tasks I like to turn in my music look at my list of things to do and categorise them. I will then dance around whils completing a category.
- How do you know if you’re stressed?
- How to stay more focused, and not get distracted by little things?
- What do you do if you feel depressed on exams week?
- How can I stop a bad habit?
- How do you find time to read?
- How do you test your learning?
- How much time do you spend learning and studying?
- I want to learn something practical like making clothes, knitting, singing, painting … any book suggestion, youtube channel or whatever?
- Sometimes it is quite hard to maintain my focus on learning and studying. I find myself checking mail, reading social media commentary and avoiding the still to be worked on assignments. What can I do to prevent that?
- How can I stay focused and motivated for a long time?