I would make a container of baked beans and half an avocado in the fridge. This was useful for 3 reasons:
1. If my boss was needing everything yesterday then I could eat it as is, anywhere, because baked beans are already cooked.
2. If I felt I needed something a lil more substantial I would toast some bread whilst getting dressed to take with it.
3. If I had time to have breakfast that morning it would keep until the next day at least.
Otherwise I’d have a bowl of oats or Weetbix with milk and fruit with honey. On Sundays I have a big relaxing leisurely breakfast
2 – If you like oatmeal, and/ or if you live in snow country, like I, you can make hot oatmeal fast by mixing oatmeal with milk and a pinch of salt in a small covered pot. Put it in the fridge over night. While you are dressing, put the pot on a medium heat. Or after dressing, you can put the mix in a microwave safe bowl. It does not take long to heat it up. If you prefer a sweeter hot cereal, you can put a teaspoon of sugarless jam. With juice and coffee, milk or a preferred liquid to drink. This, too, is quite filling.
3 – You can always have hard boiled eggs handy in the refridgerater. Eggs are a great protein to have on hand. Egg, hard boiled or making a quick omelet with natural cheese in the blended egg or on it before you fold it.
4 – There is always a healthy mixed grain dry cereal with fruit, seeds, nuts, etc in it.
5 – I do not make them for myself because of health issues, but there are many smoothie recipes that are very healthy. You can put the ingredients in a blender the night before, without the liquid, so it needs is for you to add the liquid and ice. Belen away for a short time and you have a fulfilling breakfast.
I hope that I have given you one or two ideas for a quick breakfast. Enjoy and I wish you good health, great happiness and a lot of laughter in your life and in the wonderful The Fabulous programs. Bye bye.
I have difficulty with healthy lunches and dinners. Any ideas?
My breakfast recipe:
Overnight oats. Really easy to prepare at night and even easier to eat in the morning. I prepare my mix in batches and then each night simply mash a banana, pour some of the mix, put some frozen berries on top and add soy milk. In the morning I usually cut some fresh fruits as well.
Flax seeds: 100g (crushed)
Chia seeds: 15g
Almonds (or other nuts): 100g (crushed)
Dried Coconut: 50g
Optional: Four Sigmatic's 10 Mushroom Blend, Amla Powder
- What do you do when you really do not want to eat in the morning?
- Any good protein shake options? Actually is there any protein mix I should try leaving the fitness stuff out?
- What means “The Great Breakfast”? Is it a breakfast with sandwich or eggs? Should coffee be included?
- What do you like to eat for breakfast to feel energized and able to concentrate?
- What would you consider as a healthy and tasty breakfast?
- What is a good sustaining healthy low fat breakfast?
- Is toast and peanut-buttergood for you ?
- Any breakfast ideas with fruits like oranges and apples?
- What kinda homemade breakfast is best for a vegetarian?
- What’s the most filling breakfast you have?