Muesli with kefir and chopped fruit
Bread and cheese
Eggs on toast
Mushrooms on toast
Avocado and tomato on toast
Millet porridge with turmeric coconut oil and chopped nuts and fruit
500ml wide mouth mason jar, filled with water to line
Pinch of salt
Soak overnight on counter. 7am take off lid, add pumpkin spice, and spoon of coconut oil. Bake for 40min at 350ish in toaster oven, meanwhile get ready for work. Bing.
Finish with a hit of cream like what you’d add to coffee, when jar cools a bit you’re good to go. Packs up nice too if you like to eat at your desk.
My omelette consists of: green pepper, red pepper, spices, salt, tomatoes (sometimes but I prefer it without tomatoes because it makes it abit watery like looking I think)
Sometime I make a traditional snack like, it’s pancakes but instead of using sugar, it’s salted with spices. It’s a Nigerian street snack called “wainan kwai”.
(Pancakes in my country are kind of used as snacks or sometime for breakfast)
Or even boiled sweet potatoes (sometimes with spices and sometimes without spices. Tastes good eating it like that).
Thinking about it my breakfast routine could be unhealthy, will have to try more healthier recipes and try to find more time to make breakfast.
I'm eating oatmeal with bananas and walnuts.
Here is a video on how to cook them https://youtu.be/zsLdv-DyWFE.
Regular Quaker Oats, the kind you have to cook for 5 minutes. I cut up a slice of ham and put in while the oatmeal is cooking. The I fry up an over easy egg to put on top of the oatmeal. A little salt and pepper and you're good to go.
Crack open an egg and put it in a cup. Add a little milk or water. Whisk. add whatever flavours you prefer like cheese, tomato, ham, olives and Salt and pepper. Mix together. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time. This prevents dried out bits. It should take about 2min 30 at the most. The eggs will be more moist and it is so easy to do with minimal clean up
Breakfast Avocado Baked Eggs Recipe from Pescetarian.Kitchen
- How big is your breakfast compared to your lunch?
- Could you offer simple ideas on what to cook in the morning that would be healthy?
- What’s your favorite on the go breakfast?
- How to meal prep breakfast??
- Any suggestions for a good vegetarian breakfast/ brunch for the weekend?
- Is there a website that you know which has great recipes for healthy food?
- My job is sedentary… What kind of breakfast should I be having?
- Is it healthy to eat the same breakfast every day?
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast that gives you sustained energy and keeps you feeling full until lunch?
- How do I get more veggies for breakfast?