Obviously sometimes you have big tidy or clean jobs to do that 5 -15 mins just won’t cover. If I need to do something big and have zero motivation I’ll break it into smaller less intimidating tasks. I have a sewing room and it can get chaotic when I’m in the middle of projects. Today for example I tidied one shelf. Tomorrow I’ll tidy my table. Worst case scenario If it all needs to be done in one day I’ll section of some time say an hour for two hours (with breaks if it’s a long job) and I’ll crank some music and set an alarm for when my allocated time is up. Having a clearly defined end goal removes the feeling of a task being never ending or impossible 😊💪✊
I have some personal traits which probably helps as well. I really don’t like cleaning, but I don’t like mess even more. I like when my surroundings are organised and tidy. Also, cleaning everyday a little bit is easier than later spend the whole afternoon for something you don’t like to do.
I would also suggest clean as you go – start tidying up kitchen meanwhile cooking, put your belongings back into their places as soon as you are done with them, leave your clothes in the same place instead of scattering them around. Using method like this you just need a minute or two at a time, so it really becomes much easier.
I hope it will help.
That emotion is what will make you take action.
So I’m trying to break up my day and not get sucked into my phone or laptop- it can end up with hours of tech and nothing gets done!
Look if I don’t do this my room is going to be a mess. If I don’t do this I won’t feel clean and proud of myself. So I get up and do it after I feel wonderful.
- What do you clean daily?
- How regularly do you mop
- Do you wash the dishes right away, or do you do it once a day or never?
- How often do you clean floors?
- Any other moms struggle to stay on top of the constant dishes and laundry? Any tips?
- How do you choose what cleaning/tidying task to do when you have a five or ten minute window unexpectedly?
- How do I become faster at cleaning? Since I’m so slow. It takes so much time.
- How often should you wash your sheets?
- What time of day is best to clean the dishes?
- I am looking for good tips on organizing as this is hard for me.