Obviously sometimes you have big tidy or clean jobs to do that 5 -15 mins just won’t cover. If I need to do something big and have zero motivation I’ll break it into smaller less intimidating tasks. I have a sewing room and it can get chaotic when I’m in the middle of projects. Today for example I tidied one shelf. Tomorrow I’ll tidy my table. Worst case scenario If it all needs to be done in one day I’ll section of some time say an hour for two hours (with breaks if it’s a long job) and I’ll crank some music and set an alarm for when my allocated time is up. Having a clearly defined end goal removes the feeling of a task being never ending or impossible 😊💪✊
I have some personal traits which probably helps as well. I really don’t like cleaning, but I don’t like mess even more. I like when my surroundings are organised and tidy. Also, cleaning everyday a little bit is easier than later spend the whole afternoon for something you don’t like to do.
I would also suggest clean as you go – start tidying up kitchen meanwhile cooking, put your belongings back into their places as soon as you are done with them, leave your clothes in the same place instead of scattering them around. Using method like this you just need a minute or two at a time, so it really becomes much easier.
I hope it will help.
That emotion is what will make you take action.
So I’m trying to break up my day and not get sucked into my phone or laptop- it can end up with hours of tech and nothing gets done!
Look if I don’t do this my room is going to be a mess. If I don’t do this I won’t feel clean and proud of myself. So I get up and do it after I feel wonderful.
- How do you clean up large spaces and big projects in a short amount of time?
- What’s your favourite cleaning music?
- Any tips for going through junk drawers? I am struggling…
- How are you tidyng up your room?
- When do you schedule your clean and tidy up habit in Fabulous?
- How do you know when to stop cleaning? There’s always more to do!
- How do you stay motivated to clean when you are depressed?
- How can I keep stuffed animals in good condition and free of collecting any dust or things of that sort?
- How do you get motivated to declutter a room. I keep putting it on my list and can’t get anything done other then a to do list. 😳 Everything else i put on my to do lists gets done.
- How do you organize books? I am a nerd 🤓 and I have a whole ton and they are just falling off my desk, my bookshelf is crammed, they are all over my dresser, it’s a book invasion! Lol help me!