Obviously sometimes you have big tidy or clean jobs to do that 5 -15 mins just won’t cover. If I need to do something big and have zero motivation I’ll break it into smaller less intimidating tasks. I have a sewing room and it can get chaotic when I’m in the middle of projects. Today for example I tidied one shelf. Tomorrow I’ll tidy my table. Worst case scenario If it all needs to be done in one day I’ll section of some time say an hour for two hours (with breaks if it’s a long job) and I’ll crank some music and set an alarm for when my allocated time is up. Having a clearly defined end goal removes the feeling of a task being never ending or impossible 😊💪✊
I have some personal traits which probably helps as well. I really don’t like cleaning, but I don’t like mess even more. I like when my surroundings are organised and tidy. Also, cleaning everyday a little bit is easier than later spend the whole afternoon for something you don’t like to do.
I would also suggest clean as you go – start tidying up kitchen meanwhile cooking, put your belongings back into their places as soon as you are done with them, leave your clothes in the same place instead of scattering them around. Using method like this you just need a minute or two at a time, so it really becomes much easier.
I hope it will help.
That emotion is what will make you take action.
So I’m trying to break up my day and not get sucked into my phone or laptop- it can end up with hours of tech and nothing gets done!
Look if I don’t do this my room is going to be a mess. If I don’t do this I won’t feel clean and proud of myself. So I get up and do it after I feel wonderful.
- How do you keep kitchen counters free of clutter?
- I have a HUGE pile of papers on my desk? How doI get rid of it before the end of the year?
- Is 10 minutes everyday enough for you to keep your whole flat/house cleaned? How to use the time better?
- What is the best order to start cleaning your room?
- Do you have a laundry routine?
- What is your best tidying tip?
- How do you get organized and stay organized?
- What must you do all the time ?
- Yes say you have children and they always mess up things constantly . How do I still manage to keep it clean and tidy?
- Do you have any tips in ordering your time?