I use the app Day One to journal. It’s available for iOS and macOS. I suggest committing to journaling for 5-10 minutes everyday for at least a week. A week gives you enough time to observe patterns in thought and observations about yourself.
I use a planner for work and personal life. I am not big on writing a paragraph about what I did in a day. The planners help me stay focused on the tasks I need to do while documenting my daily activities.
- Do you reread what you’ve written frequently?
- How to get yourself to write in your journal on days when you are really in a rut and can’t even get out of bed to write?
- Do you always journal in the same place? Or do you carry it with you?
- What do you tend to write about in your journal, to motivate yourself for tricky times?
- What do you write day to day?
- How to make it a routine task?
- How has this habit helped you?
- I’m stacking multiple journals at the moment – activity’s- 💤 sleep- diet- exercise- not sure 🤔 if that’s over doing it but it seem the phone 📱 does a lot of the “heavy lifting” recording everything?? then I just comb over the top of everything at the end of the day…not sure my strategy is functional??
- Do you write anything about your food habits?
- I typically use my journal inner reflection and CBT, but I don’t always have something related to either to write about every day. What else could I write about to make journaling a daily habit?