1. Finding a place which is free of distractions could help you focus more.
2. Staying away from gadgets like phone, TV, computer will help you from getting distracted.
3. Break your chapter into small topics and focus on one particular topic at a time.
4. If you get distracted or get a thought which is unrelated to study, you may note it down on a piece of paper and get back to studying.
5. Use pomodoro technique while studying, it makes studying a less tedious activity.
6. If u feel sleepy, then change the pattern of studying. For example, if u were reading then you can start taking notes along with studying.
7. Staying hydrated also helps a lot while studying.
Remember that learning should be fun, so incorporate some of your favorite subjects in your studies that still aligns with your overall education/career goals. For example, I am studying to become a police clinical psychologist (i.e provide therapy to police officers), so, in addition to my classes, I take a little time to read/watch detective stories as well as to enjoy the books of Sigmund Freud, Alfred Adler, and Carl Jung – the founding fathers of psychology. Taking a little time each week to do this makes learning fun, it motivates me, and it increases my knowledge of psychology and police officers.
Finally, reward yourself with healthy self care strategies – exercise, a bubble bath, a favorite movie, time with friends and family, a cup of hot tea or coffee, meditation, etc.
Always be kind to yourself when you stumble, remembering that it is what we learn from mistakes that is important. Believe in yourself, you are awesome because you are uniquely you ❤
- How can learn faster and easier?!
- How do you do to don’t feel like if you are again in school when you’re learning something new?
- What type of reading moves you forward the most, or improves your daily outcome the most?
- I have so many different interests (rollerblading/skating, swimming, running, traveling, learning, reading, writing, gardening, ect) how can I approach a big majority of them when I have other stuff to do.
- What are the most interesting subjects you ever studied?
- What habits would you put in your daytime routine if you’re an office worker?
- How to get rid of college stress
- What’s a passion project you are working on?
- How do you pay attention while reading? I zone out way too much but continue reading and by then end of the page I have to start over because I wasn’t paying attention.
- can you suggest any spotify playlists to listen to while i study?