1. Finding a place which is free of distractions could help you focus more.
2. Staying away from gadgets like phone, TV, computer will help you from getting distracted.
3. Break your chapter into small topics and focus on one particular topic at a time.
4. If you get distracted or get a thought which is unrelated to study, you may note it down on a piece of paper and get back to studying.
5. Use pomodoro technique while studying, it makes studying a less tedious activity.
6. If u feel sleepy, then change the pattern of studying. For example, if u were reading then you can start taking notes along with studying.
7. Staying hydrated also helps a lot while studying.
Remember that learning should be fun, so incorporate some of your favorite subjects in your studies that still aligns with your overall education/career goals. For example, I am studying to become a police clinical psychologist (i.e provide therapy to police officers), so, in addition to my classes, I take a little time to read/watch detective stories as well as to enjoy the books of Sigmund Freud, Alfred Adler, and Carl Jung – the founding fathers of psychology. Taking a little time each week to do this makes learning fun, it motivates me, and it increases my knowledge of psychology and police officers.
Finally, reward yourself with healthy self care strategies – exercise, a bubble bath, a favorite movie, time with friends and family, a cup of hot tea or coffee, meditation, etc.
Always be kind to yourself when you stumble, remembering that it is what we learn from mistakes that is important. Believe in yourself, you are awesome because you are uniquely you ❤