I find I need to be more flexible when traveling and sometimes have to prioritise other things, but so far I have managed to keep them going. An example would be I did not have enough time to complete my whole morning routine so I prioritised the parts I needed to get ready for the day and took a note to complete my exercise later that day. I then ticked it off the routine once I completed it to keep my habits going. After a while you start to feel better completing your routine no matter the circumstance.
When I’m on vacations I tend to have a more relaxed time. I try to keep most of my meals healthy, but also enjoy indulging. Generally I continue with my rituals because they are just habits that have become part of my life.
I know how difficult it is. My main problem is to get some space for myself, although everyone will accept when you take your time for yourself. You have to take yourself important enough to stick to your routine. You will feel better and are more present when you did your daily habit foundation.
- How could I effectively use my time without laziness
- I need this to be so simple. And struggle to now what to include and what to leave out. Too basic and they seem pointless. Too detailed and they seem to take up too much time I could be focusing on other things… any suggestions on how to prioritise and discriminate between tasks to include and task to accept as given.
- Do you write the small and mundane tasks like cook, go for a walk etc on your list?
- What do you include in your most basic routines- what is something that simply must be done no matter what?
- Do you write only a few tasks on your to do list, or do you write everything that you have to do and then pick the top three or so to get done today? I’m never sure which approach is most effective.
- Do you check and adjust your to do list throughout the day? How do you remember?
- Do you ever feel like you write to much stuff to do for one day?
- Do you write down your routines too or skip them since they are ‘routines’?
- Which order do you accomplish your tasks? Due date? Importance? Fun making it?
- what are some things you always put on your to do? do you find that having the same activity at the same space everyday makes you more likely or less likely to actually do it??